In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
Cookies mean a small text file placed on your computer or device by Haynet when you visit certain parts of Haynet and/or when you use certain features of Haynet. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Personal Data means any and all data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that data. In this case, it means personal data that you give to Haynet via this website. This definition shall, where applicable, incorporate the definitions provided in the EU Regulation 2016/679 – the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and We/Us/Our means Haynet, Hardham Cottage, Stunts Green, Herstmonceux, East Sussex, BN27 4PP
Information About Us
Haynet is owned and operated by Samantha Hobden, Hardham Cottage, Stunts Green, Herstmonceux, East Sussex, BN27 4PP
What Does This Policy Cover?
As a data subject, you have the following rights under the GDPR, which this Policy and Our use of personal data have been designed to uphold:
- The right to be informed about Our collection and use of personal data
- The right of access to the personal data that Haynet holds about you
- The right to rectification if any personal data We hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete (please contact Haynet) The right to be forgotten – i.e. the right to ask Us to delete any personal data We hold about you (We only hold your personal data for a limited time, as explained in section 6 but if you would like Us to delete it sooner, please contact by email at [email protected]
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data
- The right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your personal data to re-use with another service or organisation)
- The right to object to Us using your personal data for particular purposes and
- Rights with respect to automated decision making and profiling.
For further information about your rights, please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
What Data Do We Collect?
- contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers
- IP address
- web browser type and version
- operating system
- a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on Haynet, and the site you exit to
How Do We Use Your Data?
All personal data is processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. We will comply with Our obligations and safeguard your rights under the GDPR at all times. For more details on security, which is in the Security section of this policy.
Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary for Haynets performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to the use of your personal data (e.g. by subscribing to emails), or because it is in our legitimate interests. Specifically, we may use your data for the following purposes:
- Supplying our product and services to you (please note that we will require your personal data in order to enter into a contract with you)
- Replying to emails from you
- Supplying you with emails that you have opted into (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by selecting unsubscribe from the bottom on the newsletters.
- Analysing your use of Haynet to enable us to continually improve Haynet and your user experience;
With your permission and/or where permitted by law, we may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email with information, news and offers on our products or services. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that we fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
You have the right to withdraw your consent to Haynet using your personal data at any time, and to request that we delete it.
We do not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Data will, therefore, be retained for the following periods (or its retention will be determined on the following bases):
- For as long as you use the site or have signed up to the mailing list.
How and Where Do We Store Your Data?
We only keep your personal data for as long as Haynet needs to in order to use it as described in how we use your data and/or for as long as we have your permission to keep it.
Do We Share Your Data?
Subject to the condition stated next, we will not share any of your data with any third parties for any purposes. In certain circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain data held by Haynet, which may include your personal data, for example, where we are involved in legal proceedings, where we are complying with legal obligations, a court order, or a governmental authority.
We may compile statistics about the use of Haynet including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, sales, and other information. All such data will be anonymised and will not include any personally identifying data, or any anonymised data that can be combined with other data and used to identify you. We may from time to time share such data with third parties such as prospective investors, affiliates, partners, and advertisers. Data will only be shared and used within the bounds of the law.
What Happens If Our Business Changes Hands?
In the event that any of your data is to be transferred in such a manner, you will not be contacted in advance and informed of the changes.
How Can You Control Your Data?
When you submit personal data via Haynet, you may be given options to restrict Haynet use of your data. In particular, we aim to give you strong controls on our use of your data for direct marketing purposes (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in our emails and at the point of providing your details
Your Right to Withhold Information
You may access Haynet without providing any data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on Haynet you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
How Can You Access Your Data?
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by Haynet (where such data is held). Under the GDPR, no fee is payable and we will provide any and all information in response to your request free of charge. Please CONTACT US for more information.