Huufe is dedicated to improving equestrian safety. It combines ride tracking with cutting-edge accident detection and notification. It has now integrated with what3words allowing horse riders to be found quickly and easily. This exciting integration will provide equestrians around the world peace of mind whilst out riding.
What is what3words? what3words has divided the globe into 3m x 3m squares and given each one a unique 3 word address. ///kite.chats.dine, for example, will take you to a precise spot in a field next to the River Ouse in the UK or Tryon International Equestrian Centre in the US ///trickles.neuro.buzzards. The 3 word address format works anywhere in the world.
In the UK many emergency services are adopting the what3words format and have specifically identified the benefits of what3words to the equestrian community.
How has what3words been integrated with Huufe?
The what3word address will be shown in real-time whilst tracking a ride using Huufe. This enables you to communicate a real-time location should you need to. But most importantly, The Huufe App includes an accident detection feature, SafeRide. SafeRide detects when a rider has fallen from their horse whilst using the Huufe app to track their ride. A message is automatically sent to the riders nominated contacts alerting them of the fall and their exact location. The alert now also includes the what3words address, making it quick and easy to share the rider’s location.
How can I download Huufe?
Huufe is free to download and can be found in the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store at the following link.
More About the Huufe
Huufe uses the GPS in a rider’s smartphone to track them when riding. Huufe subscribers can also share their rides, photos and videos with their friends. They appear in an activity feed that displays a map of the ride and the pictures or videos that were taken. Friends can comment on or like these posts. Riders can analyze their activities individually and overtime to monitor exercise and performance.
When you use Huufe to track your rides you earn HuufeCoin. Your HuufeCoin can then be spent on exclusive offers and discounts in the HuufeCoin marketplace.
Additional features include:
- A personal rider profiles. Riders can share their own profile and follow friends or equestrian heroes.
- Horse profiles. Riders can share pictures and videos of their horses. They can also follow their friend’s horses and eminent horses that they admire.
- Stable management. The horse profiles include a full digital record for the horse, contact details for service providers and a calendar with reminders for events such as worming, vaccinations, farrier visits etc.
- Administrators and Riders. Owners can appoint both administrators and riders to help manage and/or exercise their horses- enabling the owner to see when their horse has exercised.
- Groups. A feature that enables friends or organizations (such as riding schools, clubs, etc.) to create a collaborative area to share news, events, information, photos and other posts.
- LiveRide. A safety feature that allows nominated people to track a rider’s location in real-time.
- SafeRide. A safety feature that uses motion sensors in the phone to detect a fall and alert nominated contacts that an incident has occurred. The exact location is given with directions to the fallen rider.
- Routes. Riders can see routes from around the world on the Huufe Routes heatmap online, follow this link.
- Classifieds. A marketplace for equestrian items.